300 kHz Workhorse Horizontal ADCP (H-ADCP)
Narrow 1° beams for unmatched long-range data…
The 300 kHz long-range Horizontal Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (H-ADCP)
is a narrow beam acoustic monitoring system that “looks” out horizontally from an offshore or coastal to measure near-surface water currents and multi-directional waves.This revolutionary tool uses patented BroadBand signal processing to obtain an optimal combination of range, resolution and data quality, which simply cannot be replicated using NarrowBand products.
The H-ADCP measures currents at up to 128 individual points at up to 200 meters horizontal range, offering a clear illustration of the complete flow structure.
» Looking for horizontal wave measurements?
Frequency: 300 kHz*
Max range: 300 Meters
Standard Depth: 200M
Configuration: Direct read
* Smaller, lighter-weight 600 kHz system is also available.
Download H-ADCP product line datasheet (642K PDF)
- Increased Range: 300-kHz frequency and narrow <1° beam work together to ensure an extended profiling range of 200 meters or more.
- Increased Data: Acoustic Doppler technology provides users with the capability to measure from
1 to 128 points, providing exponentially more data than a single point instrument.
- Real-Time Data: Easily installed, the H-ADCP provides unobtrusive real-time data —for real-time decision-making.
- Robust Construction: Designed so that no calibration is ever required and constructed to allow installations in the most hostile environments.
- Ease of Operation: Pre-configured for simple operation, the H-ADCP ensures optimum performance with a minimal learning curve.
- Wave monitoring capability: The H-ADCP can also be upgraded to measure wave height and direction, providing a complete monitoring solution.
Workhorse 300 kHz H-ADCP Application Notes
Oil & Gas
Long range H-ADCP with waves array for offshore oil and gas applications.
Port & Harbor
Narrow beam H-ADCP with waves array for port & harbor applications.
» Read on
Horizontal Profiling Goes A Long Way…
…over 200 meters in Denmark’s first H-ADCP installation, to be exact.
» Read on
ADCPs for marine renewable energy projects
» Read on
For details on a recent HADCP application, please visit http://projects.dhi.dk/hadcp/uk/about_the_project.htm or download their paper, “Horizontal Current Profiling in Lillebelt, Denmark” by Kim Rorbek.
Workhorse 300 kHz H-ADCP Data Samples
H-ADCP data to follow soon.
Workhorse 300 kHz H-ADCP FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
Click here for H-ADCP FAQs
Looking for more information?
Contact the Ocean Innovations at (858) 454-4044 for immediate assistance. » Contact info