SIZED TO PENETRATE THE TOP GUIDE AND CORE PLATE FOR BWR BOTTOM OF VESSEL EXAMS WITH GUIDES AND PLATES INSTALLED.
The Phantom® FireFly is a small, portable system whose primary visual exam task is the steam dryer, and is sized to reach the bottom of the vessel via stub tube or a removed fuel bundle. With no electronics in the sub-unit, the Phantom® FireFly maintains reliability in areas of high radiation.
PHANTOM® FIREFLY TECHNOLOGY
The Phantom® FireFly operates with the NIS-300 Control System; A digital control system designed to be backward compatible with all existing FireFly ROVs in the fleet and a smaller, more concise topside controls package. Multiple video formats (single coax, Y/C, and 1080P) are supported.
- Torque-balanced thrusters provide a high degree of control and maneuverability in the confined environments of a containment pool, transfer canal, or spent fuel pool
- No electronics in the sub-unit ensures reliability in areas of high radiation
- Hardwired for fast and easy integration with accessories
- All system fuses are located in the surface control console for fast access
- Steam Dryer visual exams
- Emergent exams of necessity below the fuel
- 48 volts DC motors, driven at around 60VDC
- Shaft driven
- Individually controlled
- Mineral oil-filled compensator on shaft seal
- 6.35kg (14 lb)
- 190mm (7.5 in)
- 146mm (5.8 in)
- 343mm (13.5 in)